E-SAFETY! PLEASE READ!!!
From Omlet Club Wiki
With more and more of us blogging, chatting etc etc i have found a few e safety tips here so thought they might be of use to all us internet users.
- Don’t post your phone number or email address on your homepage. Think about it – why would anyone actually need this info when they can message you privately via Myspace or Bebo?
- Don’t post pictures of you or your mates wearing school uniform – if dodgy people see your school badge, they can work out where you are and come and find you
- Adjust your account settings so only approved friends can instant message you. This won’t ruin your social life – new people can still send you friend requests and message you, they just won’t be able to pester you via IM
- Tick the “no pic forwarding” option on your Myspace settings page – this will stop people sending pictures from your page around the world without your consent
- Don’t give too much away in a blog. Yes, tell the world you’re going to a party on Saturday night. But don’t post details of where it is. Real friends can phone you to get details, and strangers shouldn’t be able to see this kind of information.
- Don't get too many friends on websites like facebook, it's just a popularity fashion (Trust me, I've been through it all, I ended up with people constantly talking rubbish and then when I finally typed something, they go offline) so only add people you talk to :)*